No sales people, just honest advice        0191 252 9960 

Follow Us:

Energy Performance Certificates (EPC's)


Any building in the UK that is available to buy or rent must have an EPC be it residential or commercial.




Energy Performance Certificates

You need look no further for an accredited assessor, Newleaf Energy are your local EPC provider, we survey your property and produce the Certificate from just £45!

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are required at whatever point a property is: You should request an EPC for potential purchasers and tenants before you showcase your property to offer or rent

An EPC contains:

  • data of a property's energy use and typical energy costs
  • proposals about how to reduce energy use and save money

An EPC gives a property an energy productivity rating from A (best efficiency) to G (poorest efficiency), the certificate is valid for a period of 10 years, check how you could make your home more energy efficient and call today for free advice.

You could be fined if you don't get an EPC when required. The individual selling the house, the landowner or the letting executor must present the EPC in the event of purchasing or leasing.


Places Exempt from an Energy Performance Certificate requirement:

  • places of worship
  • temporary buildings that will be used for less than 2 years
  • stand-alone buildings with total useful floor space of less than 50 square metres
  • industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings that don’t use a lot of energy
  • some buildings that are due to be demolished
  • holiday accommodation that’s rented out for less than 4 months a year or is let under a licence to occupy
  • listed buildings - you should get advice from your local authority conservation officer if the work would alter the building’s character
  • residential buildings intended to be used less than 4 months a year